Site map

Monday, September 18, 2017

The Meaning of Creativity According to Dr. Raul Cuero

     

     Dr. Raul Cuero is a microbiologist who developed six inventions throughout his career. He was born in the year 1948 in Columbia. His family was poor and did not own any books or magazine. His parents could not read or write. Due to this he worked harder to learn on his own. The area where he lived was a mostly African American society in which allowed him to not face prejudgments from his heritage until he moved to England to seek education.
     His view on creative is very interesting. He believes that creativity is not a planned affair but a spontaneous one. He believes that learning by doing is very important for children. In his opinion children learn to much from step-by-step instructions. He believes that children should form new ideas on their own to learn. I agree with this to an extent. I believe that children should learn from each other before making their own concepts.
                I use his concept of learning by doing when I am working on projects. In some processes, I find a more easier and more sophisticated way of doing something. For example, I take the basic concepts of how to do something in photoshop and transfer them to a Wacom tablet which provides a accurate take of editing on a computer with a mouse verses using a Wacom tablet.  Cuero suggests that one should share ideas to learn. I agree with this concept to a point. I use this concept when I am asking people what they think of a book or play means in way of symbolism. It is interesting to learn what others might think and try to combine ideas. However, ideas on how to do mathematical problems need to be the same in some situation. Some teachers have a precise way to do problems and would mark if the student does anything different. Majority, I am for the side of children taking their own twist on problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are Our Pets Being Treated Fairly in the Justice System

Final Project       For the final project I wanted to analyze the relationship between four-legged death roll inmates and two-legge...

Harry Potter - Delivery Owl