Site map

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Pixel Project-Minecraft abstract self portrait

Minecraft abstract self portrait

     For this project I used mincraft to design a abstract self portrait of myself in a pixel form. Here is some background of me and Minecraft. There are three modes in the game-Survival,Hardcore, and Creative mode. Most of my experience has been in survival. I knew it wouldn't be the best mode to design. Imagine having limited sources, hunger, and monsters to worry about when creating something unique. Not to mention you could die and lose your items and sense of where your project is on the map. I used creative mode to get this project done-monster would still be there but they won't attack and the player has no hunger meter or health meter to worry about.

I made a empty flat world for the design.
Close up air shot of the design
 Please don't pay attention to the green blobs. they are some of the monsters in the game.(Pesty things like to walk or plop all over my design.)
My avatar demonstrating my measurement tools
I used these fence panels as a canvas boarder. I used ground lights a measurement tool because it centers right on the square.
Here is a better view of the design:
Far away air shot of design


Here are the measurements:
one light post equals one cube
34 Cubes
40 cubes
34 Cubes

40 cubes
We will need to calculate the mincraft's measurements into real wold units. Take a look at this table down below;
Table by  minecraft.gamepedia.com
1 block or cube equals 16 pixels so:
34 Cubes*16=554pixels
40 cubes*16=640pixels
34 Cubes*16=554pixels

40 cubes*16=640pixels

Inches
1 block equals one meter which equals 39.3701
34 Cubes*39.3701=1,3338.58 inches
40 cubes*39.3701=1,574.8 inches
34 Cubes*39.3701=1,3338.58 inches

40 cubes*39.3701=1,574.8 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are Our Pets Being Treated Fairly in the Justice System

Final Project       For the final project I wanted to analyze the relationship between four-legged death roll inmates and two-legge...

Harry Potter - Delivery Owl